Monday, January 20, 2014

Smitten as a Kitten. A Stila Kitten that is.

Stila Cobalt Lip Glaze trio. L to R & T to B: Orchard, Hibiscus, Kitten.

I would say that the Lip Glaze is the most popular of the products Stila carries. And of the brand as a whole, anything Kitten related is sure to soar off the shelves. You think of Stila, and 99% of the time, you think Kitten. However of the three products here, Hibiscus is my favorite. It is an easy dupe for MACs Lovechild, which next to Nymphette, is my favorite Lip Glass. More on that in a second. Back to Stila, Orchard is the most opague and metallic. Its a stunning rose/gold/tan type of hybrid. Its hard to describe. I can honestly say that I dont have a color like it. So this is a nice addition to my collection. It gives off a foil type of finish. I loved this color but it is defidently not for everyone.

Hibiscus and Kitten are beautiful shimmery shades. Hibiscus, is like a rosy-plum type of shade with BRONZE SHIMMER. Ugh. I cant even tell you that every time I see a shade like this, I HAVE TO BUY IT. I have too. It is so pretty and flattering on literally everyone, and it adds beautiful color to the lips without being overpowering. This one is no different. With that said, this gloss had better staying power than MACs Lovechild, and was a tad more sheer. But thats ok, its the shimmer that does it for me here. Not teenage girl glitter shimmer. Grown woman shimmer. Im telling you, FLATTERING. On everyone! I cant say enough good things about it.

Now for the brands namesake. Kitten. Kitten is a beautiful peachy/tan color with bronze shimmer. I can see why everyone likes this color so much. This is like an everyday wearable color. A color that anyone of any age can wear and look good. It is sheer on lips, which is a nice change in the Kitten range, because all of the other Kitten products in the brand are super pigmented and frosty. And much more of a champagne color. This makes much less of a frosty statement, but it is beautiful. It reminds me of my other favorite MAC color, Nymphette. A sheer version of that, but similar none the less. Its GORGEOUS! I have to say, that this trio was my first venture into the world that is Stila Lip Glaze, and im impressed.

How much of a statement can a lip glaze make? You tell me. You just might love them as much as I did. You can find these at your local Ulta or at Stila.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment