Monday, January 27, 2014

Loreal Infalliable Gilded Butterfly Collection Eye Shadow.

Loreal Infalliable Gilded Butterfly Collection Eye Shadow.


Top: Purple Priority. Bottom: Gilded Envy.

I love long wearing eyeshadow. I love frosted eyeshadow. I love frosted shadow that when applied wet, looks like a foil finish shadow. I love when I can find all of that in 1 product. And here we have it! I am a HUGE fan of these eye shadows in general, so I was excited when I happened to see these colors at my local CVS.

I would say that Purple Priority is a dupe for Urban Decays LE Half Truth, which I missed out on in the UD Anniversary Palette, so this shadow is a gem to me. Its a deeper shade of purple with a slight silver sheen to it. This would actually make a great liner, if used with a damp eyeliner brush. And Gilded Envy is just WOW. Its advertised as green, but I didnt get green from it. More of a golden-taupe type of color. It is something that I could easily use in the daytime for a look that gives a little extra "oomph" to my look.

They are both so frosted and sparkly and beautiful, I have no words to really describe them. They are swatched wet and dry (over bare skin), and as you can see, theres really not much of differentiation between the two applications. When applied with a damp brush, you get a foil type finish that wears all day. Worn over primer, you get a sparkly finish that wears all day with no creasing. So all in all, it is a good quality product that can be used in any way possible, AND it looks great each time.

I have a pet peeve about products that only look good if applied with primer. If youre spending money on something, it should look good no matter what you use it with. And so far, these shadows live up to that standard. I hope these are permanent, because they are stunning, and no one should miss out on these, AT ALL. You can find these at your local Ulta, Ulta.com, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and wherever else Loreal products are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment